Thursday, October 8, 2009

Girls Scouts come to PetSmart

This past Tuesday, 15 Girl Scouts came to the PetSmart in San Juan Capistrano to visit all the animals and hear about their safe handling. I took them on tour of the store where they got to ooh and aah over all the cute kitties available for adoption by the Capistrano Animal Rescue Effort (C.A.R.E.) I think I even managed to recruit a few volunteers on CARE's behalf! They also got a chance to feed the some of the fish and pet Mr. Winks, the Bearded Dragon and a Guinea pig.

Then I spoke to them about how to safely greet a dog and what to do when a strange dog approaches. They were all pretty savvy about dogs and knew they should always ask the owner first. I was impressed!  It was great to have this troup visit and I loved talking to them about the animals. 
Posted by Picasa